Welcome, fellow flight enthusiasts! Today, we’re diving into the exhilarating world of the Valiant 1.3m BNF Basic. This high-wing model is not just another RC plane; it’s a blend of classic stability and modern, sporty response that promises an unmatched flying experience.
The Valiant 1.3m BNF Basic is a downsized version of the big Hangar 9 Valiant 30cc ARF, but don’t let its size fool you. This compact dynamo packs a punch with its high-output power system and functional flaps, offering a wide performance envelope that caters to both casual and adventurous pilots.
Whether you’re a seasoned flyer looking for a new challenge or a beginner eager to spread your wings, the Valiant 1.3m BNF Basic is your ticket to endless fun in the sky. Its optional-use SAFE Select flight mode makes it a great choice for newer pilots, while its sporty performance will keep experienced pilots on their toes.
So, strap in and get ready to soar as we explore the ins and outs of the Valiant 1.3m BNF Basic, and discover how to squeeze every drop of fun out of this fantastic RC plane. Let’s embark on this thrilling journey together!
Understanding the Valiant 1.3m BNF Basic
The Valiant 1.3m BNF Basic is a marvel of engineering, designed to provide an exhilarating flying experience for RC plane enthusiasts. This model is a smaller version of the Hangar 9 Valiant 30cc ARF, but don’t let its size fool you. It’s packed with features that make it a standout in the park flyer category.
One of the key features of the Valiant 1.3m BNF Basic is its high-output brushless power system. This system delivers thrilling performance, especially when paired with a 2200mAh 3S 11.1V 30C LiPo battery. The power system is versatile, accommodating a wide range of 3S battery sizes. This means you can customize your flying experience based on your preferred balance between flight duration and performance.
Another noteworthy feature is the functional flaps installed on the Valiant 1.3m BNF Basic. These flaps contribute to the model’s wide flight envelope, allowing for both gentle glides and sporty maneuvers. Whether you’re in the mood for a calm, relaxing flight or an adrenaline-pumping aerobatic session, the Valiant 1.3m BNF Basic is up to the task.
The Valiant 1.3m BNF Basic also comes equipped with a Spektrum AR631 6-channel AS3X receiver with SAFE Select technology. This technology offers an optional-use flight mode for newer pilots, providing an extra layer of stability and precision. It’s like having an expert co-pilot with you, smoothing out the effects of wind and turbulence.
Lastly, the Valiant 1.3m BNF Basic is constructed of durable EPO material, ensuring it can withstand the occasional rough landing. It also features durable aluminum landing gear with wheel pants, adding to its robustness and longevity.
In summary, the Valiant 1.3m BNF Basic is a versatile, high-performance RC plane that offers a wide range of features designed to enhance your flying experience. Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned pilot, understanding these features will help you get the most out of this fantastic model.
Setting Up the Valiant 1.3m BNF Basic
Setting up your Valiant 1.3m BNF Basic is a straightforward process that will have you ready for takeoff in no time. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you get started:
- Unboxing: Once you’ve unboxed your Valiant 1.3m BNF Basic, you’ll find that it comes with a high-output power system, functional flaps, and a Spektrum AR631 6-channel AS3X receiver with SAFE Select technology already installed.
- Battery Selection: The Valiant 1.3m BNF Basic is compatible with a 3S 11.1V 1300-3200mAh LiPo battery with an EC3 or IC3 connector. The choice of battery will depend on your desired flight duration and performance. A 2200mAh 3S 11.1V 30C LiPo battery is recommended for optimal performance.
- Transmitter Pairing: You’ll need a full-range 5+ channel Spektrum DSMX/DSM2 compatible 2.4GHz transmitter. Bind the receiver to the transmitter following the instructions provided in the manual. Remember, the binding process will differ slightly depending on whether you want to enable the optional-use SAFE Select flight mode.
- Final Assembly: The final assembly involves attaching the durable aluminum landing gear with wheel pants. If you wish to add more versatility to your Valiant 1.3m BNF Basic, an optional float set is available for separate purchase. The installation of this float set is simple and all necessary hardware is included.
- Pre-Flight Checks: Before your maiden flight, ensure all controls are working correctly. Check the control surfaces for correct movement and direction. Also, verify that the SAFE Select technology (if enabled) is functioning as expected.
Remember, the key to a successful and enjoyable flight experience is a well-set-up plane. Take your time during the setup process to ensure everything is correctly installed and functioning. Happy flying!
Mastering the Controls
The Valiant 1.3m BNF Basic is equipped with a high-output brushless power system that delivers thrilling performance, especially when matched with a 2200mAh 3S 11.1V 30C LiPo battery. However, the power system is just one part of the equation. To truly have fun with this RC plane, you need to master the controls.
The Valiant 1.3m BNF Basic comes with a Spektrum AR631 6-channel AS3X receiver with SAFE Select technology installed. This technology works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence, providing a heightened sense of stability and precision. It’s like flying a much larger, expertly tuned aircraft.
Here are some tips to help you master the controls:
- Understand the Control System: The Valiant 1.3m BNF Basic is equipped with six micro servos installed. These servos control the plane’s movements and are operated via the transmitter. Familiarize yourself with the transmitter’s controls and how they correspond to the plane’s movements.
- Practice with SAFE Select: If you’re new to flying RC planes or want an extra margin of safety while familiarizing yourself with the Valiant 1.3m BNF Basic, enable the optional-use SAFE Select flight envelope protection technology. This technology provides pitch and bank angle limits that prevent the plane from rolling or pitching upside down and prevent excessive climb or dive angles. It also offers automatic self-leveling, which keeps the plane level when the sticks are released and in the center position.
- Gradually Increase Difficulty: Start with simple maneuvers and gradually work your way up to more complex ones. As you become more comfortable with the controls, you can disable SAFE Select to unlock the plane’s full performance potential.
- Use the Functional Flaps: The Valiant 1.3m BNF Basic comes with functional flaps right out of the box. These flaps can be used to slow the plane down for more precise control during tricky maneuvers or landings.
Remember, mastering the controls of your Valiant 1.3m BNF Basic is not something that happens overnight. It takes time and practice. But with patience and perseverance, you’ll soon be performing impressive maneuvers and having a blast with your RC plane.
Exploring the Flight Modes
One of the most exhilarating aspects of flying the Valiant 1.3m BNF Basic is the ability to switch between different flight modes. This RC plane comes equipped with a Spektrum AR631 6-channel AS3X receiver, which features optional SAFE Select technology. This technology is a game-changer, especially for newer pilots, as it offers an extra margin of safety while familiarizing yourself with the airplane.
SAFE Select Flight Mode
SAFE (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) Select flight mode is an optional-use feature that can be enabled to provide pitch and bank angle limits. These envelope limits prevent the airplane from rolling or pitching upside down and also prevent excessive climb or dive angles. It’s like having an invisible hand guiding the plane, keeping it stable and level, even when the wind picks up or your fingers slip off the controls.
When the SAFE Select is enabled, the plane also offers automatic self-leveling. This means that the airplane instantly returns to and holds level flight when the sticks are released and are in the center position. This feature is particularly helpful for keeping the wings level during takeoffs and landings, making these tricky maneuvers a breeze even for less experienced pilots.
Switching Between Modes
Switching between flight modes is straightforward. The simple procedure for assigning a transmitter switch to turn SAFE Select features on and off doesn’t require any complex programming and takes just a few seconds. If you prefer to fly without the SAFE Select features, you can bind the receiver normally, and it will function like a standard AS3X receiver.
AS3X Flight Mode
When you’re ready to push the limits of your flying skills, the AS3X (Artificial Stabilization – 3-aXis) technology comes into play. This system works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence, giving you a sense of stability and precision that makes you feel like you’re flying a much larger, expertly tuned aircraft.
In AS3X mode, the Valiant 1.3m BNF Basic exhibits a wide flight envelope with sporty performance. This means you can perform a variety of aerobatic maneuvers with confidence, from loops and rolls to inverted flight and more.
In conclusion, the flight modes of the Valiant 1.3m BNF Basic offer a versatile flying experience, catering to both novice pilots seeking stability and experienced flyers looking for sporty performance. By understanding and exploring these flight modes, you can truly unlock the fun and excitement of flying this remarkable RC plane.
Enhancing Your Experience with Optional Add-Ons
The Valiant 1.3m BNF Basic is a marvel of engineering in its own right, but did you know you can elevate your flying experience even further with some optional add-ons? Let’s delve into one of the most exciting extras you can incorporate into your Valiant 1.3m BNF Basic – the optional float set.
The optional float set, available separately, is a fantastic addition for those who want to explore new terrains. Imagine the thrill of taking off and landing on a serene lake or a calm river, adding a whole new dimension to your RC flying experience. The Valiant 1.3m BNF Basic is designed to accommodate this float set with ease. The installation process is straightforward and requires just a few minutes of your time. All the necessary hardware comes included with the float set, making it a breeze to attach to your aircraft.
But what makes the float set such a worthwhile addition? Well, it opens up a world of possibilities. With the float set installed, you’re no longer limited to land-based takeoffs and landings. Bodies of water become your new playground. This not only adds variety to your flying sessions but also presents new challenges and learning opportunities. Mastering water takeoffs and landings can be a rewarding achievement, adding another feather to your cap as an RC plane enthusiast.
Remember, while the float set adds a fun element to your flying, safety should always be paramount. Ensure you’re flying over safe and permitted water bodies, and always be mindful of any potential hazards.
In conclusion, the optional float set is a fantastic way to enhance your Valiant 1.3m BNF Basic experience. It’s an investment in fun, offering new challenges and opportunities to make your flying sessions even more enjoyable. So why not give it a try? The sky (and the water) is the limit!
Tips for Having Fun with the Valiant 1.3m BNF Basic
Flying the Valiant 1.3m BNF Basic is an exhilarating experience, and to maximize your enjoyment, here are some tips and tricks that can help you get the most out of this fantastic RC plane.
- Experiment with Aerobatics: The Valiant 1.3m BNF Basic is not just a high-wing trainer; it’s a sporty performer too. Once you’re comfortable with the controls, try out some basic aerobatic maneuvers. Loops, rolls, and spins are all within the Valiant’s capabilities. Remember, practice makes perfect, so don’t be discouraged if you don’t nail these tricks on your first try.
- Utilize the Functional Flaps: The Valiant comes with functional flaps right out of the box. These can be used to slow down the plane for precision landings or to perform slow flybys. Experiment with different flap settings to see how they affect the plane’s performance and handling.
- Try Touch-and-Go Landings: One of the most satisfying aspects of RC flying is mastering landings. With its durable aluminum landing gear, the Valiant is perfect for practicing touch-and-go landings. This involves landing the plane and then taking off again without coming to a complete stop.
- Explore Different Environments: The Valiant 1.3m BNF Basic is versatile enough to handle different flying environments. Try flying it in a calm, open field, or take it to the skies on a breezy day to test its wind-handling capabilities. Remember to always prioritize safety and ensure you’re flying in a suitable and safe location.
- Add the Optional Float Set: If you’re near a suitable body of water, consider adding the optional float set. This allows the Valiant to take off from and land on water, adding a whole new dimension to your flying experience.
- Fly with Friends: Everything is more fun with friends, and RC flying is no exception. If you have friends who are also into RC flying, organize a flying day. You can even set up friendly competitions, like precision landing contests or aerobatic challenges.
Remember, the key to having fun with the Valiant 1.3m BNF Basic is to explore its capabilities, challenge your skills, and most importantly, enjoy the process.
As we bring our exploration of the Valiant 1.3m BNF Basic to a close, it’s clear that this RC plane is more than just a model; it’s a gateway to countless hours of exhilarating fun and exciting airborne adventures. Its unique blend of classic high-wing stability and modern sporty response makes it a versatile choice for both novice pilots and seasoned flyers.
We’ve delved into the impressive features of the Valiant 1.3m BNF Basic, from its high-output brushless power system to its functional flaps and optional-use SAFE Select flight mode. Each of these elements contributes to a wide performance envelope, allowing you to enjoy everything from relaxed touch-and-gos to thrilling aerobatics.
Keep in mind that mastering the controls is a journey, not a destination. With practice and patience, you’ll find yourself executing maneuvers with precision and confidence. And don’t forget about the optional float set – it’s a fantastic add-on that opens up new possibilities for water takeoffs and landings.
In the end, having fun with the Valiant 1.3m BNF Basic is all about embracing the joy of flight. It’s about the thrill of the takeoff, the serenity of soaring through the sky, and the satisfaction of a perfect landing. So, charge up your batteries, check your controls, and let your Valiant 1.3m BNF Basic take to the skies. The horizon is waiting!
Remember, the sky is not the limit; it’s just the beginning. Happy flying!
A team of pure enthusiasts, we are deeply passionate about RC planes. With decades of experience, we love to share everything we know about RC planes: product reviews, safety tips, and the latest industry news. We are fueled by a pure passion for RC aviation and commitment to both beginners and seasoned hobbyists alike. Read more…